TRULY-HENCH.COM

Welcome to truly-hench.com.

If this is your first visit make the most of the internets newest interactive forum and become a new member.

Registration is completely free and will only take a few moments.

Just click below and follow the easy instructions.
TRULY-HENCH.COM

The webs newest bodybuilding and weight training discussion forum

Latest topics

» which protein should I have at what times?
Mon May 16, 2011 8:09 am by manmeet007

» Cutting supplements.
Fri May 06, 2011 11:59 am by manmeet007

» How To Improve Mens Health
Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:22 am by manmeet007

» Attain better fitness
Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:57 am by manmeet007

» How to increase you stamina
Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:18 pm by manmeet007

» How 2 Drop Weight Quick
Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:33 am by Admin

» 5 Nutrition Rules For Beginners
Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:21 am by fredll

» novice powerlifting routine
Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:19 am by fredll

» Exercise regularly
Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:36 am by fredll


    side effects of high protein diet?

    Share
    avatar
    tommy21

    Posts : 48
    Points : 77
    Join date : 2010-03-03

    side effects of high protein diet?

    Post  tommy21 on Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:11 pm

    Any one know anything about high protein diets side effects?

    I've upped my protein levels quite a lot recently and since I have I've had swollen glands in my neck and there very sore. Sad I've also developed an ache in my stomach between my abs and obliques on the right side. Neutral

    Oh and my 'you know what' is a right old mess if you know what I mean Laughing

    My mrs recons its down to the huge increase in protein. But she would say that because she's not overly keen on me getting bigger.
    avatar
    Romp3L

    Posts : 126
    Points : 157
    Join date : 2010-03-08
    Age : 31
    Location : South africa

    My friend

    Post  Romp3L on Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:56 pm

    tommy21 wrote:Any one know anything about high protein diets side effects?

    I've upped my protein levels quite a lot recently and since I have I've had swollen glands in my neck and there very sore. Sad I've also developed an ache in my stomach between my abs and obliques on the right side. Neutral

    Oh and my 'you know what' is a right old mess if you know what I mean Laughing

    My mrs recons its down to the huge increase in protein. But she would say that because she's not overly keen on me getting bigger.

    Look at it this way.. U are trying to say that high protein intake is making u sick...which it isnt,BUT the thing i have noticed(when i had an idiot trainer which probably smoked tampons before he trained me so he had me on NO carbs and all protein) is that ur immune
    system becomes crappy and ur body starts getn weaker. U would notice strenght losses too.(slight maybe but they are there).
    Are u talking bout erections too? Thats ur testosterone going dwn because u are stealing ur body of its natural carbs and fats.

    U are becoming a weak man(immune system blah blah) and nature made sure u cannot reproduce ! Crazy i know. THat is my theory. U cant sell it.. hehe
    So u dont get erections. It always happens to me on my depletion fase in my last week of prep for a comp.

    O, back to the question.. Are u taking in any carbs? whats ur diet? Be open to get help

    I hope it helps.
    Very Happy
    avatar
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 129
    Points : 258
    Join date : 2010-02-26

    Re: side effects of high protein diet?

    Post  Admin on Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:12 pm

    Researchers have found that consuming foods high in animal protein, saturated fat, eggs and dairy could lead to an increased risk of developing non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL), a cancer that attacks the lymphatic system-part of the body's immune system.

    But these risks become apparent when carbohydrates are cut from the diet. as long as your getting your 5 a day (or more) fruit and veg, and the recommended amount of carbohydrates you will be fine.

    But as always I say get your self down the doctors to have a professional check you over. Arrow
    avatar
    Romp3L

    Posts : 126
    Points : 157
    Join date : 2010-03-08
    Age : 31
    Location : South africa

    Yeah

    Post  Romp3L on Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:33 am

    Admin wrote:Researchers have found that consuming foods high in animal protein, saturated fat, eggs and dairy could lead to an increased risk of developing non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL), a cancer that attacks the lymphatic system-part of the body's immune system.

    But these risks become apparent when carbohydrates are cut from the diet. as long as your getting your 5 a day (or more) fruit and veg, and the recommended amount of carbohydrates you will be fine.

    But as always I say get your self down the doctors to have a professional check you over. Arrow

    THats kinda what i said. ... I just didnt say its *proven* I knew it from experience Very Happy

    Salute
    avatar
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 129
    Points : 258
    Join date : 2010-02-26

    Re: side effects of high protein diet?

    Post  Admin on Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:20 pm

    I know mate I was just backing you up. cheers
    avatar
    tommy21

    Posts : 48
    Points : 77
    Join date : 2010-03-03

    Re: side effects of high protein diet?

    Post  tommy21 on Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:29 pm

    Shocked yikes You mean to tell me I could end up; with cancer from eating a high protein diet?
    avatar
    Brawn

    Posts : 102
    Points : 140
    Join date : 2010-02-26
    Age : 38
    Location : Dorset

    Re: side effects of high protein diet?

    Post  Brawn on Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:14 pm

    tommy21 wrote:Shocked yikes You mean to tell me I could end up; with cancer from eating a high protein diet?


    I think you'll find this will only occur in extreme cases when carbs and more importantly fruit and veg are eliminated for you diet too. Am I right?
    avatar
    Romp3L

    Posts : 126
    Points : 157
    Join date : 2010-03-08
    Age : 31
    Location : South africa

    O_o

    Post  Romp3L on Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:57 am

    Brawn wrote:
    tommy21 wrote:Shocked yikes You mean to tell me I could end up; with cancer from eating a high protein diet?


    I think you'll find this will only occur in extreme cases when carbs and more importantly fruit and veg are eliminated for you diet too. Am I right?

    Yes mate,u are right. But wel said with EXTREME cases. Dont get too worried,just sort out your diet. U would have heard about it if people actaully got cancer from a high protein diet. I think the media would have liked that 1.
    *high protein diet kills guy that was trying to lose weight*
    lol..
    Dont think so tho.
    Regards
    avatar
    tommy21

    Posts : 48
    Points : 77
    Join date : 2010-03-03

    Re: side effects of high protein diet?

    Post  tommy21 on Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:04 pm

    Thats a relif! chin ups

    So as long as I keep eating my greens and carbs I'll be just fine?!
    avatar
    Romp3L

    Posts : 126
    Points : 157
    Join date : 2010-03-08
    Age : 31
    Location : South africa

    Yes

    Post  Romp3L on Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:41 pm

    tommy21 wrote:Thats a relif! chin ups

    So as long as I keep eating my greens and carbs I'll be just fine?!


    Very Happy

    Sponsored content

    Re: side effects of high protein diet?

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:58 pm