TRULY-HENCH.COM

Welcome to truly-hench.com.

If this is your first visit make the most of the internets newest interactive forum and become a new member.

Registration is completely free and will only take a few moments.

Just click below and follow the easy instructions.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TRULY-HENCH.COM

Welcome to truly-hench.com.

If this is your first visit make the most of the internets newest interactive forum and become a new member.

Registration is completely free and will only take a few moments.

Just click below and follow the easy instructions.

TRULY-HENCH.COM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TRULY-HENCH.COM

The webs newest bodybuilding and weight training discussion forum

Latest topics

» which protein should I have at what times?
which protein should I have at what times? EmptyMon May 16, 2011 8:09 am by manmeet007

» Cutting supplements.
which protein should I have at what times? EmptyFri May 06, 2011 11:59 am by manmeet007

» How To Improve Mens Health
which protein should I have at what times? EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 9:22 am by manmeet007

» Attain better fitness
which protein should I have at what times? EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 11:57 am by manmeet007

» How to increase you stamina
which protein should I have at what times? EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 2:18 pm by manmeet007

» How 2 Drop Weight Quick
which protein should I have at what times? EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 12:33 am by Admin

» 5 Nutrition Rules For Beginners
which protein should I have at what times? EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 8:21 am by fredll

» novice powerlifting routine
which protein should I have at what times? EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 8:19 am by fredll

» Exercise regularly
which protein should I have at what times? EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 8:36 am by fredll

+2
Admin
Brawn
6 posters

which protein should I have at what times?

Brawn
    Brawn

which protein should I have at what times? Empty which protein should I have at what times?

Post  Brawn Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:10 am

I have read in to the different types of protein and there varying muscle absorption times but not to sure which I should be having at what times of the day?

At the moment I'm taking whey protein after my workout and before bed. Should I buy a different protein?
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

which protein should I have at what times? Empty Re: which protein should I have at what times?

Post  Admin Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:24 am

Good on you for reading in to the absorption rates of protein. It's very important to understand the speed each type of protein takes to be absorbed in to the muscles. Reason being after you train you ideally want protein as fast as you can get it and theres nothing faster than whey protein hence why most has a shake straight after a work out.

Opposite can be said for the evening time and when you know you wont be eating for a long(more than 3 hours)time. Slower releasing proteins are much better suited because they are released in to your system gradually making sure your muscles an not left without a fix for two long.
    tommy21
    tommy21

which protein should I have at what times? Empty Re: which protein should I have at what times?

Post  tommy21 Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:22 pm

Just shows how little I know. I always thought protein was protien no matter where it comes from. Apart from pork of course. I know thats just full of fat!
    Brawn
    Brawn

Post  Brawn Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:13 am

Can you recomend a good slow release protein for before bed? And where to get it from cheap?
    johny rambo

Post  johny rambo Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:16 am

look for a protein that says casein on it
    R
    R

which protein should I have at what times? Empty Protein

Post  R Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:12 pm

johny rambo wrote:look for a protein that says casein on it

Be carefull for that ,no offence. But go for a Pure Protein Mix of proteins.

U got it all correct with the protein intake and so on,but remember,u want PROTEIN.
    The best is foods. Taking a shake(whey) after a work out is essential because ur body needs the bcaa's now.
    Take 2 capsules of BCAA's half an hour before training and the whey rite therafter.
    It’s true that whey is definitely a great source of protein. Whey has a high biological value. A high BV means that the amino acid ratio is excellent for building muscle and that a large proportion of the protein consumed is absorbed and utilized by the body.

Take a pure protein before going to bed. Just taking Soy or Casein protein etc wont be good as they arnt highly rated proteins.
    U need the slow release i agree with my admin friend ther,but mix it up.
    U need to read or/and understand that ther is isolate and concentrate proteins.Whey
    isolate usually contains between 90-94% protein while whey concentrate has a protein ratio of 70-85%.
    Less fat and so on blah blah on isolate.
    I starting to forget what the question was,but i hope this helps buddy.
    Regards
    Stick to the basics,it works.
    tommy21
    tommy21

Post  tommy21 Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:56 pm

Wow great info there. Thank you. Shocked

Please don't think i'm patroniseing but can you tell me if I've got this right.

I should be taking BCAA (amino acids? I googled it.lol) half hour before my work out.

Then whey stright after so my muscles absorb it stright away.

And before I go to bed I need to have a mix of whey and casin protein?
    johny rambo

Post  johny rambo Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:06 am

Romp3L wrote:

U got it all correct with the protein intake and so on,but remember,u want PROTEIN.
    The best is foods. Taking a shake(whey) after a work out is essential because ur body needs the bcaa's now.
    Take 2 capsules of BCAA's half an hour before training and the whey rite therafter.
    It’s true that whey is definitely a great source of protein. Whey has a high biological value. A high BV means that the amino acid ratio is excellent for building muscle and that a large proportion of the protein consumed is absorbed and utilized by the body.

Take a pure protein before going to bed. Just taking Soy or Casein protein etc wont be good as they arnt highly rated proteins.
    U need to read or/and understand that ther is isolate and concentrate proteins.Whey
    isolate usually contains between 90-94% protein while whey concentrate has a protein ratio of 70-85%.
    Regards
    I was referring to Brawn's question on a good slow release protein ( casein ) sorry i should have specified
    R
    R

which protein should I have at what times? Empty Yep

Post  R Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:35 am

tommy21 wrote:Wow great info there. Thank you. Shocked

Please don't think i'm patroniseing but can you tell me if I've got this right.

I should be taking BCAA (amino acids? I googled it.lol) half hour before my work out.

Then whey stright after so my muscles absorb it stright away.

And before I go to bed I need to have a mix of whey and casin protein?

Yes. Thats rite buddy. It works. I love stacking, its not the question but,ZMA Creatine BCAA and whey stack great if u can afford it.
    Its a pleasure to help
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:25 am

I myself am a huge fan of BCAA's, All fields covered all be it lightly. but covered never the less.

As mentioned not to be reliant on solely but to be used as a 'supplement' and not a replacement of REAL FOOD.

Stacked well the right supplements will give any one an edge.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:15 am

johny rambo wrote:
    Romp3L wrote:

Regards
    I was referring to Brawn's question on a good slow release protein ( casein ) sorry i should have specified

Dont be sorry JR. Your bang on the money with your reply. Casein is among the slowest relesing proteins.
    R
    R

Post  R Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:41 am

Admin wrote:
    johny rambo wrote:
    Romp3L wrote:

Take a pure protein before going to bed. Just taking Soy or Casein protein etc wont be
    good as they arnt highly rated proteins.
    Regards

Dont be sorry JR. Your bang on the money with your reply. Casein is among the slowest relesing proteins.

Yes it is.
    manmeet007

Post  manmeet007 Mon May 16, 2011 8:09 am

You are trying to take proteins and supplements to attain good health . Plenty of them are available in the market like promasil but my advice is to take them carefully and under the guidance of some expert.[

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:24 pm