TRULY-HENCH.COM

Welcome to truly-hench.com.

If this is your first visit make the most of the internets newest interactive forum and become a new member.

Registration is completely free and will only take a few moments.

Just click below and follow the easy instructions.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TRULY-HENCH.COM

Welcome to truly-hench.com.

If this is your first visit make the most of the internets newest interactive forum and become a new member.

Registration is completely free and will only take a few moments.

Just click below and follow the easy instructions.

TRULY-HENCH.COM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TRULY-HENCH.COM

The webs newest bodybuilding and weight training discussion forum

Latest topics

» which protein should I have at what times?
hello from south-east london EmptyMon May 16, 2011 8:09 am by manmeet007

» Cutting supplements.
hello from south-east london EmptyFri May 06, 2011 11:59 am by manmeet007

» How To Improve Mens Health
hello from south-east london EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 9:22 am by manmeet007

» Attain better fitness
hello from south-east london EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 11:57 am by manmeet007

» How to increase you stamina
hello from south-east london EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 2:18 pm by manmeet007

» How 2 Drop Weight Quick
hello from south-east london EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 12:33 am by Admin

» 5 Nutrition Rules For Beginners
hello from south-east london EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 8:21 am by fredll

» novice powerlifting routine
hello from south-east london EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 8:19 am by fredll

» Exercise regularly
hello from south-east london EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 8:36 am by fredll

5 posters

hello from south-east london

marionicola

hello from south-east london Empty hello from south-east london

Post  marionicola Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:42 pm

hey my names stephen im 25 years old ive been going to the gym for about 6 weeks now i was playing semi pro football as a teenager so am not the biggest. i find it hard to put on weigh as i have a very fast matabalism.

im hoping to get great advice on the right ways to train to hopefully get bigger. hope to answer any questions for anyone and hopefully get some great info on how to improve my size.

chat soon stephen Very Happy

Last edited by marionicola on Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
    R
    R

hello from south-east london Empty Re: hello from south-east london

Post  R Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:27 pm

Hey man

Welcome. Ask away if u cant find anything that can help u on the site already.
    Regards
    marionicola

Post  marionicola Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:33 pm

hey how you doing just want to know really the best way to go about getting bigger. wot to eat when to eat you know. knowing its really hard for me to eat alot. and really the best supplements to take, people tell you get this one or get that one im just not sure wots the best protein shakes to take. ive taken body fortress but im not sure if its the best. and should i take anything else to slow my metabalism so its easier to put on weight?

cheers mate
    R
    R

Post  R Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:09 am

marionicola wrote:hey how you doing just want to know really the best way to go about getting bigger. wot to eat when to eat you know. knowing its really hard for me to eat alot. and really the best supplements to take, people tell you get this one or get that one im just not sure wots the best protein shakes to take. ive taken body fortress but im not sure if its the best. and should i take anything else to slow my metabalism so its easier to put on weight?

cheers mate

You havnt been training long so remember this isnt an overnight thing(getting big).
    U have to try to eat atleast 5 to 6 times a day.
    Here is a meal plan u can follow:
    06:00- cup of oats + 2 scoops pure protein and a banana
    10:00- 2 sweet potatoes
    13:00- 2 cups of rice and 500 gram chicken or red meat and u can take a mass shake(about 30g protein and 50g carbs in the serving size)
    16:00- 200g steamed veggies with 8 eggs.
    19:30- 500 g red meat or 500 gram chicken with pasta and 1 scoop pure protein with 1 scoop whey protein.

Before training u need a pre-workout nitric oxide and while u train waxy maize drink and BCAA's pills and creatine ethel esther.
    After u train u need 2 scoops whey protein,glutamine,BCAA's.
    I dont know the brands u have access to or how much u have to spend so...
    But i prefer(if i had the money) BSN. Im using USN at the moment.

Guys can put in some extras if they want. This isnt the PERFECT way to do it.
    BUT ther isnt a perfect way as we all are different. I can garantee results with this.

Good luck Smile
    marionicola

Post  marionicola Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:04 pm

thankyou so much thats alot of help. now for me and the new people that want to get bigger you was naming alot of supplements like nitric oxide and BCAA's pills and creatine ethel esther are these like 3 differnet supplements or do they come in one, im not sure wot these things really mean. can you try and tell me wot the names are of the supplements like i.e take one whey shake in the morning, take i.e amino acids before workout then take another whey shake after workout. i just get so confused when you say take whey protein, glutamine, BCAA's are they all one product or are they 3 different ones. sorry if i sound stupid its just that im really new to all the supplements and wot they really do.

thanks alot
    Brawn
    Brawn

Post  Brawn Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:48 pm

Welcome Mario,

And well done on making the decision to change your body for the better. I promise you will never look back!

You are a true beginner and need to really take advantage of this. By that I mean enjoy the beginner gains which I'm sure every one will agree are the best because you notice alot of changes and get hooked easily.

I will say from your 1st post you mentioned supplements. I'm sure almost every one will back me up when I say diet and rest is the key not supplements. Supplements are just that a supplement to an already good solid diet.

I would however recomend you getting Nutrisport 90+ protein its a mix of fast and slow release protein so you get the benefits of the rush of amino's to the muscles and then the slow release to get the continual flow. http://www.cheaper-protein.com sell it very cheap in the 5kg tubs it will last alot longer than most the other brands and the banana is lush!!

I wont but in to Romp3L's advise by explaining what each and every supplement is but here is an example of how a newbie would understand them better....

BCAA's = Branch Chain Amino Acid's ( the building blocks of muscle repair found in protein)
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:57 pm

Welcome Mario. And thank you for joining truly-hench.com

I see some of the guys have already chipped in with some good advise already so take it well and I'll leave it to others to help you get on track.

I will however ask could you use specific forums for specific questions, for example if you have a question regarding supplements ask the question in the 'Supplements section'. And if you have a question regarding your training like "what should I be doing in the gym to gain size" then post that in the 'Training chat'

I strongly surgest you start a Training log Have a look at the others that have been set up and you will get a drift of what to do. I can not recomend this enough! Logs are a great way of keeping track of your progress and if you do something that will hinder your growth other members will see it on your log an can tell you before you make the mistake time after time and end up on the slippery road to over training.

A log is also a great way for others to tell you where your going wrong.

Good luck Mario I look forward to seeing you become a reguler poster on truly-hench.com
    marionicola

Post  marionicola Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:09 pm

excellent thanks for the help guys. yer il put them in the right title next time.
    R
    R

Post  R Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:35 am

marionicola wrote:excellent thanks for the help guys. yer il put them in the right title next time.

Yes, put it in the rite sections friend. And i cant be perfectly corrent if i tell u when and where to drink the supplements, but ther is a big secret...they tell u on the labels of the supplements Beer .lol, ye,but its true friend. Just read the labels. They are different supplements. bought seperately.

Hope it helps. thumbsup

Regards
    tommy21
    tommy21

Post  tommy21 Sun May 09, 2010 10:13 pm

Hello Marionicola. It sounds like you and I are in the same boat mate. How you getting on now?
    marionicola

Post  marionicola Wed May 12, 2010 3:10 pm

hey tommy21,

yer getting on good mate my eating could be better to be honest i am working hard in the gym but probably mainly on my arms and probably to much only cause i want those parts to be the biggest. i could eat more but thats the part ive always struggled on. how r you getting on?
    tommy21
    tommy21

Post  tommy21 Fri May 14, 2010 11:20 pm

marionicola wrote:hey tommy21,

yer getting on good mate my eating could be better to be honest i am working hard in the gym but probably mainly on my arms and probably to much only cause i want those parts to be the biggest. i could eat more but thats the part ive always struggled on. how r you getting on?

Arr man your doing it wrong so I've been told. I wouldn't give personal advise coz I'm no expert but from what I've been told you should only train your arms once a week at the most and even then not to much because they get alot of work from other exercises. If I was you I would post your training program up on here so those who know can pick it apart and tell you where your going wrong. They really don't mean to offend and won't take the mick. It's better to stop doing the wrong things that to add the right things if you know what I mean?.

I'm getting on although I wish it would all happen faster. lol Some times I feel really tight and huge but when I look in the mirror I don't really look much bigger at all. Embarassed But I know I'm improving my biggest problem is like you I don't eat enough. Reason being I can't afford to eat like a pro bodybuilder quite yet. I do the best I can though.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sun May 16, 2010 9:11 pm

tommy21 wrote:
    marionicola wrote:hey tommy21,

Arr man your doing it wrong so I've been told. I wouldn't give personal advise coz I'm no expert but from what I've been told you should only train your arms once a week at the most and even then not to much because they get alot of work from other exercises. If I was you I would post your training program up on here so those who know can pick it apart and tell you where your going wrong. They really don't mean to offend and won't take the mick. It's better to stop doing the wrong things that to add the right things if you know what I mean?.

I'm getting on although I wish it would all happen faster. lol Some times I feel really tight and huge but when I look in the mirror I don't really look much bigger at all. Embarassed But I know I'm improving my biggest problem is like you I don't eat enough. Reason being I can't afford to eat like a pro bodybuilder quite yet. I do the best I can though.

Tommy21 is right there I'm afraid Marionicola. But you are no way alone. You go in to pretty much every gym in the country or even across the world and you will see you and older men training only there chest and arms. I've been there myself.

I would advise you to rather than change your program straight away you should start up a TRAINING LOG where you can post what you are doing now and other members can point out what you are doing wrong and how to do it right. It is really important you learn from your mistakes.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 5:23 am