TRULY-HENCH.COM

Welcome to truly-hench.com.

If this is your first visit make the most of the internets newest interactive forum and become a new member.

Registration is completely free and will only take a few moments.

Just click below and follow the easy instructions.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TRULY-HENCH.COM

Welcome to truly-hench.com.

If this is your first visit make the most of the internets newest interactive forum and become a new member.

Registration is completely free and will only take a few moments.

Just click below and follow the easy instructions.

TRULY-HENCH.COM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TRULY-HENCH.COM

The webs newest bodybuilding and weight training discussion forum

Latest topics

» which protein should I have at what times?
Joe's workout - Help would be much appreciated EmptyMon May 16, 2011 8:09 am by manmeet007

» Cutting supplements.
Joe's workout - Help would be much appreciated EmptyFri May 06, 2011 11:59 am by manmeet007

» How To Improve Mens Health
Joe's workout - Help would be much appreciated EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 9:22 am by manmeet007

» Attain better fitness
Joe's workout - Help would be much appreciated EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 11:57 am by manmeet007

» How to increase you stamina
Joe's workout - Help would be much appreciated EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 2:18 pm by manmeet007

» How 2 Drop Weight Quick
Joe's workout - Help would be much appreciated EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 12:33 am by Admin

» 5 Nutrition Rules For Beginners
Joe's workout - Help would be much appreciated EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 8:21 am by fredll

» novice powerlifting routine
Joe's workout - Help would be much appreciated EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 8:19 am by fredll

» Exercise regularly
Joe's workout - Help would be much appreciated EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 8:36 am by fredll

3 posters

Joe's workout - Help would be much appreciated

Joe Way

Joe's workout - Help would be much appreciated Empty Joe's workout - Help would be much appreciated

Post  Joe Way Mon May 03, 2010 11:14 pm

I've recently started going to the gym, as being a 8stone7lb 17 year old i clearly need to gain some weight/muscle. I'm not fully sure of a program to do, so i thought id post on here what I've been doing so the more experienced of you out there could help me Smile

Resistance Machines

Abdominal crunch - 25kg - 12reps - 3sets
    Chest press - 25kg - 12reps - 3sets
    Leg extensions - 25kg - 12reps - 3sets
    Shoulder press - 25kg - 12reps - 3sets
    Leg curl - 25kg - 12reps - 3sets
    Vertical traction - 25kg - 12reps - 3sets
    Arm extensions - 25kg - 12reps - 3sets
    Arm curl - 25kg - 12reps - 3sets
    Leg press - 45kg - 12reps - 3sets
    Low row - 35kg - 12reps - 3sets

Free weights

Bicep Curls - 10kg - 12reps - 3sets
    Wrist rolls - 6kg - 12reps - 3sets

Bench press - 25kg - 12reps - 3sets

Cable crossover - 5kg - 12reps - 3sets

Dead lift - 20kg - 12reps - 3sets

Bicep cable curl - 15kg - 12reps - 3sets

Bicep Inclines - 12kg - 12reps - 3sets

This was my workout on 3/5/10, I had to cut short the workout because of the bank holiday early closing time Sad. Anyway, as I'm new any help really would be much appreciated as i don't want to start of incorrectly and therefore not really benefit from my hard work!

Thanks all!
    Brawn
    Brawn

Joe's workout - Help would be much appreciated Empty Re: Joe's workout - Help would be much appreciated

Post  Brawn Tue May 04, 2010 12:47 am

Hi Joe,

I'm looking at your workout in shock! It looks to me that your trying to do every exercise you have ever been shown. This really is not the way to go about it.

Don't worry Joe, I did the same and I'm sure pretty much most newcomers to bodybuilding and weight training have done the same thing. IMO it's one of the most common reasons people fail at the 1st hurdle.

If your only 8 and half stone your likely to find it hard to gain weight and build muscle. I would recommend you slash that work out to piece's. I would suggest a couple of approaches which you would benefit from. First being train one day on, two days off. Doing a push muscle work out on one day and a pull muscle workout on the following day. Then just rotate that like this...

Push, off, off, pull, off, off, push, off, off, pull, etc, etc.....

This spit gives the whole body a good enough workout split over two sessions. But the great part is your get 5 days rest in between each group worked.

Rest is so important not just to new trainers but also to experienced guys. After all your muscles don't grow in the gym they grow while you are at rest providing you have fed them enough!!

There are draw backs to this one being your training days constantly changing. Not great if you want some rhythm to your week.

Another beginner approach is a push, pull, miscellaneous split over 3 days. I would suggest....

Monday-Push, Tuesday-Pull, Wednesday-Mist.

In case you don't know what I mean by 'push' and 'pull' muscles here is an example of what I mean.

Push- Chest, Quads, Shoulders, Triceps.

Pull- Back, Hamstrings, Biceps.

Miscellaneous- Abdominal's, Calves, Forearms Traps.
    R
    R

Joe's workout - Help would be much appreciated Empty Re: Joe's workout - Help would be much appreciated

Post  R Tue May 04, 2010 10:04 am

Brawn wrote:

Another beginner approach is a push, pull, miscellaneous split over 3 days. I would suggest....

Monday-Push, Tuesday-Pull, Wednesday-Mist.

In case you don't know what I mean by 'push' and 'pull' muscles here is an example of what I mean.

Push- Chest, Quads, Shoulders, Triceps.

Pull- Back, Hamstrings, Biceps.

Miscellaneous- Abdominal's, Calves, Forearms Traps.

With this i agree, at the begining u need to rest the muscles. The 3 day split is good. Dont over train,which u are doing now, relax. This isnt a race. Its a better lifestyle and adds disipline to your life.

But dont rest too much or the strenth will never catch up..

Regards
    Joe Way

Post  Joe Way Tue May 04, 2010 10:25 pm

Having looked around on the Internet iv found a few push/pull programmer. Just wanting to see what you guys think of them and whether I should start to follow them?

1) chest + triceps
    assisted dip
    bench press
    pec fly machine
    cable crossover
    lying tricep extension
    overhead tricep extension
    tricep pushdown

2) back + biceps
    assisted chin up
    one arm row
    upright row
    dumbell shrug
    preacher curl
    seated bicep curl
    concentration curl

3) legs, shoulders + abs
    lunges
    leg extensions
    leg curl
    deadlift
    shoulder press
    front raise
    bent over lateral raise
    leg raise
    twist crunch
    sit up resistance machine

I'm guessing from the previous feedback I'd be best doing this... Chest+triceps, off, off, back+biceps, off,off, legs+shoulders+abs, off, off

Any help would be loved Very Happy
    Brawn
    Brawn

Post  Brawn Wed May 05, 2010 12:51 am

Here's my 2 penny's worth on a push pull routine that will help you grow without making you over train.

Monday-

Squats 3 sets of 15 reps
    Leg press 2 sets of 10-12 reps
    Bench Press 2 sets of 10-12 reps
    Incline Bench Press 2 sets of 10-12 reps
    Seated Shoulder Press 2 sets of 10-12 reps
    Upright Rows 2 sets of 10-12 reps

Tuesday- Rest

Wednesday-

Dead lifts 3 sets of 8-10 reps
    Seated Rows 2 sets of 10-12 reps
    Lat Pull downs 3 sets of 10-15 reps
    Romanian Dead Lifts 2 sets of 12-15 reps
    Leg curls 2 sets of 10-12 reps

Thursday- Rest

Friday-

Leg Raises 3 sets of 25 reps
    Abdominal crunch on core stability ball if poss 3 sets of 25 reps
    Shrugs 3 sets of 20 reps
    Side Bends 3 sets (per side) 30 reps
    Weighted Pendulum twist 4 sets to failure

Each to be done with a weight you can complete the recommended amount of reps without trouble. Your new and there for should go steady. rushing in will just slow you down in the future.

Each workout should be slightly harder, even adding 1kg will be enough to break the muscle fibers to generate new growth.

Hope this helps a little??? let us know if not or if your unsure of anything?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 9:32 pm