TRULY-HENCH.COM

Welcome to truly-hench.com.

If this is your first visit make the most of the internets newest interactive forum and become a new member.

Registration is completely free and will only take a few moments.

Just click below and follow the easy instructions.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TRULY-HENCH.COM

Welcome to truly-hench.com.

If this is your first visit make the most of the internets newest interactive forum and become a new member.

Registration is completely free and will only take a few moments.

Just click below and follow the easy instructions.

TRULY-HENCH.COM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TRULY-HENCH.COM

The webs newest bodybuilding and weight training discussion forum

Latest topics

» which protein should I have at what times?
Is hummus good or bad for bodybuilding? EmptyMon May 16, 2011 8:09 am by manmeet007

» Cutting supplements.
Is hummus good or bad for bodybuilding? EmptyFri May 06, 2011 11:59 am by manmeet007

» How To Improve Mens Health
Is hummus good or bad for bodybuilding? EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 9:22 am by manmeet007

» Attain better fitness
Is hummus good or bad for bodybuilding? EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 11:57 am by manmeet007

» How to increase you stamina
Is hummus good or bad for bodybuilding? EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 2:18 pm by manmeet007

» How 2 Drop Weight Quick
Is hummus good or bad for bodybuilding? EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 12:33 am by Admin

» 5 Nutrition Rules For Beginners
Is hummus good or bad for bodybuilding? EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 8:21 am by fredll

» novice powerlifting routine
Is hummus good or bad for bodybuilding? EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 8:19 am by fredll

» Exercise regularly
Is hummus good or bad for bodybuilding? EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 8:36 am by fredll

2 posters

Is hummus good or bad for bodybuilding?

Brawn
    Brawn

Is hummus good or bad for bodybuilding? Empty Is hummus good or bad for bodybuilding?

Post  Brawn Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:42 am

I've always had a hatred for tuna. cant stand the stuff. I've tried mixing it with all the usural like tomato sauce pale Relish pale Mayo (to fatty) and not really liked any but recently I've mixed it with hummus the Greek chickpea stuff.

Is hummus good for you or bad for you i'e high in bad fat etc. I dont want to make a habit of it and find out its detrimental to my training.

It tastes lovely though. Surprised
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Is hummus good or bad for bodybuilding? Empty Re: Is hummus good or bad for bodybuilding?

Post  Admin Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:45 am

Hummus is high in iron and vitamin C, and also has significant amounts of folate and vitamin B6. The chickpeas make it a good source of protein and dietary fiber; the tahini consists mostly of sesame seeds, which are an excellent source of the amino acid methionine, complementing the proteins in the chickpeas. Depending on the recipe, hummus carries varying amounts of monounsaturated fat. Hummus is useful in vegetarian and vegan diets and like other combinations of grains and pulses, when eaten with bread it serves as a complete protein.

In general, monounsaturated fats are considered to be relatively healthy, and just the sort we look for in nuts and avocados, and are the main component of tea seed oil and olive oil (oleic acid).

So in a word. Yes my friend humus is good and I for one enjoy it! Smile

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 4:54 pm