TRULY-HENCH.COM

Welcome to truly-hench.com.

If this is your first visit make the most of the internets newest interactive forum and become a new member.

Registration is completely free and will only take a few moments.

Just click below and follow the easy instructions.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TRULY-HENCH.COM

Welcome to truly-hench.com.

If this is your first visit make the most of the internets newest interactive forum and become a new member.

Registration is completely free and will only take a few moments.

Just click below and follow the easy instructions.

TRULY-HENCH.COM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TRULY-HENCH.COM

The webs newest bodybuilding and weight training discussion forum

Latest topics

» which protein should I have at what times?
week grip/forarms EmptyMon May 16, 2011 8:09 am by manmeet007

» Cutting supplements.
week grip/forarms EmptyFri May 06, 2011 11:59 am by manmeet007

» How To Improve Mens Health
week grip/forarms EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 9:22 am by manmeet007

» Attain better fitness
week grip/forarms EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 11:57 am by manmeet007

» How to increase you stamina
week grip/forarms EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 2:18 pm by manmeet007

» How 2 Drop Weight Quick
week grip/forarms EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 12:33 am by Admin

» 5 Nutrition Rules For Beginners
week grip/forarms EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 8:21 am by fredll

» novice powerlifting routine
week grip/forarms EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 8:19 am by fredll

» Exercise regularly
week grip/forarms EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 8:36 am by fredll

4 posters

week grip/forarms

tommy21
    tommy21

week grip/forarms Empty week grip/forarms

Post  tommy21 Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:42 pm

I was doing some chin ups last night and found it very difficult to grip the bar for the lenth of the exercise. my grip and forarm gave before my back got the burn. Should I start doing grip work and training my forarms?
    tommy21
    tommy21

week grip/forarms Empty Re: week grip/forarms

Post  tommy21 Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:05 pm

Any one?
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:54 am

It is quite a fine line where forarms come in to play.

Yes it is very important you use your grip while training to increase your forearm strength but at the same time if your grip is giving way before your target muscles feel the full effect of the movement then you should address the problem.

I would advise you use lifting straps when training heavy but try not to become reliant on them. In the same way your lower back will suffer if you put on a lifting belt in the changing room and not remove it until you shower so will you grip if you never lift a weight without straps.

I would also advise you introduce some grip work to your routine. Probably best to do on the end of your back day when they are already well worked. your forearms are slow twitch so like your calves can take a real hammering.
    tommy21
    tommy21

Post  tommy21 Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:56 pm

Thanks for the information. what should I be doing to improve my grip like which exercises shall I do? Also where should I get lifting straps from? Any particular make or design?
    R
    R

week grip/forarms Empty awe

Post  R Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:32 pm

tommy21 wrote:Thanks for the information. what should I be doing to improve my grip like which exercises shall I do? Also where should I get lifting straps from? Any particular make or design?

Hey buddy sorry i got in this discussion so late.

Ok , nice exercises would be farmers walking. Nice for the traps and hands.
    Dont think bout forearms size or strenght. I have very big forearms(or so guys in my gym say). And to be honost,im not as strong in my hands as they think.
    My advise is:
    do the pullups till ur hands fail,then hook the straps on the bar and do it till ur back fails. U will get ur hands stronger without negatively effecting ur back(lats).
    Also,GRIP ur weights and i mean GRIP ur weights. U will notice u can do heavier but less reps because ur hands get tired earlier.GET ANGRY Twisted Evil
    My forearms are bigger than my gf's calves and she has been training for over 2 years. hehe. She hates it.
    Do u know the bar with a rope atached to it (about a meter or 3 feet) and the other end atached to a weight?
    This is exelent strenthening. hold ur arms straight out infront of u and the rope is atached to the weight. Now *roll* the bar to bring the weight up to your hands. The rope turns around the bar.
    U understand what im trying to explain?
    Cheers
    Brawn
    Brawn

Post  Brawn Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:20 pm

Romp3L wrote:
    tommy21 wrote:Thanks for the information. what should I be doing to improve my grip like which exercises shall I do? Also where should I get lifting straps from? Any particular make or design?

Hey buddy sorry i got in this discussion so late.

Ok , nice exercises would be farmers walking. Nice for the traps and hands.
    Dont think bout forearms size or strenght. I have very big forearms(or so guys in my gym say). And to be honost,im not as strong in my hands as they think.
    My advise is:
    do the pullups till ur hands fail,then hook the straps on the bar and do it till ur back fails. U will get ur hands stronger without negatively effecting ur back(lats).
    Also,GRIP ur weights and i mean GRIP ur weights. U will notice u can do heavier but less reps because ur hands get tired earlier.GET ANGRY Twisted Evil
    My forearms are bigger than my gf's calves and she has been training for over 2 years. hehe. She hates it.
    Do u know the bar with a rope atached to it (about a meter or 3 feet) and the other end atached to a weight?
    This is exelent strenthening. hold ur arms straight out infront of u and the rope is atached to the weight. Now *roll* the bar to bring the weight up to your hands. The rope turns around the bar.
    U understand what im trying to explain?

Cheers

I sware by this I will do a photo slide show tomorow for you when I train. I was taught this by an old fella at my youth club as a lad and I like you RompL3 am known for my forarms.

I really struggle with my grip after having losing a finger on my right hand in the army. But I have great forearm strength and I put it down to the pole, rope and weight twist.
    R
    R

week grip/forarms Empty Legen dary

Post  R Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:17 am

Great man.
    I did tug of war in high school. Thats wer i learned it.

Cheers Very Happy
    tommy21
    tommy21

Post  tommy21 Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:36 pm

Cool guys I shall do just that. Train till my grip fails then use the wraps. I got some golds gym ones from soccer sport. Not to sure what you mean by this pole rope thing. I dont think my gym has one of those.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 11:49 pm