TRULY-HENCH.COM

Welcome to truly-hench.com.

If this is your first visit make the most of the internets newest interactive forum and become a new member.

Registration is completely free and will only take a few moments.

Just click below and follow the easy instructions.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TRULY-HENCH.COM

Welcome to truly-hench.com.

If this is your first visit make the most of the internets newest interactive forum and become a new member.

Registration is completely free and will only take a few moments.

Just click below and follow the easy instructions.

TRULY-HENCH.COM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TRULY-HENCH.COM

The webs newest bodybuilding and weight training discussion forum

Latest topics

» which protein should I have at what times?
Should I stop wearing gloves? EmptyMon May 16, 2011 8:09 am by manmeet007

» Cutting supplements.
Should I stop wearing gloves? EmptyFri May 06, 2011 11:59 am by manmeet007

» How To Improve Mens Health
Should I stop wearing gloves? EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 9:22 am by manmeet007

» Attain better fitness
Should I stop wearing gloves? EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 11:57 am by manmeet007

» How to increase you stamina
Should I stop wearing gloves? EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 2:18 pm by manmeet007

» How 2 Drop Weight Quick
Should I stop wearing gloves? EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 12:33 am by Admin

» 5 Nutrition Rules For Beginners
Should I stop wearing gloves? EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 8:21 am by fredll

» novice powerlifting routine
Should I stop wearing gloves? EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 8:19 am by fredll

» Exercise regularly
Should I stop wearing gloves? EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 8:36 am by fredll

4 posters

Should I stop wearing gloves?

Brawn
    Brawn

Should I stop wearing gloves? Empty Should I stop wearing gloves?

Post  Brawn Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:30 am

I've been wearing gloves for as long as I can remember but now I train at home I've been wondering if I should give chalk a go?

The gym's I've trained in bar one have all been local athority gyms and there for chalk was a big no, no. The only bodybuilders gym I've been a member of was the 1st gym I ever walked in to back when I was 14 called 'Shapes' in Eltham South East London. I was far to young and in exsperianced to have chalked up back then. Besides, was not much point as all I ever did was bench press and bicep curls. lol

I've been getting used to deadlifting without straps and seems to be going well so thought why not go completely hardcore and ditch the gloves for chalk.

What are others views on this and who uses what, gloves, chalk, mother nature???
    johny rambo

Should I stop wearing gloves? Empty Re: Should I stop wearing gloves?

Post  johny rambo Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:59 am

Brawn wrote:I've been wearing gloves for as long as I can remember but now I train at home I've been wondering if I should give chalk a go?

The gym's I've trained in bar one have all been local athority gyms and there for chalk was a big no, no. The only bodybuilders gym I've been a member of was the 1st gym I ever walked in to back when I was 14 called 'Shapes' in Eltham South East London. I was far to young and in exsperianced to have chalked up back then. Besides, was not much point as all I ever did was bench press and bicep curls. lol

I've been getting used to deadlifting without straps and seems to be going well so thought why not go completely hardcore and ditch the gloves for chalk.

What are others views on this and who uses what, gloves, chalk, mother nature???
    bare hands ( franco columbo use to oil the bar so he would would have to grip harder and he had wicked arms) when you use straps and stuff you put a weak link in the chain by bypassing your forearm strength and end up with an uneven build ( I rep out with 495 for deadlifts 12-15 and do wide grip chins with 70 pounds chained to my waist for 15 ) everyone ask how I got my arms so big (and forearms) I tell them I never train arms and never use straps or chalk ( also I would like to add my arms are not genetically gifted , just not overtrained and not allowed to be underused on large body part movements). lastly straps and stuff only place should be in the powerlifting world only
    Brawn
    Brawn

Post  Brawn Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:20 am

I've stopped training arms recently as I've found them sore still when wanting to train chest, shoulders and back. I am slighty gifted with big arms, well compaired to other body parts(yes that as well. lol)

I'm missing a finger on my right hand I lost in while serving in the british army 10 years ago. It does really affect my grip and I would love to get around this being a bit of a purest. Do you think I should not even bother with chalk then?

Propper old school!!
    johny rambo

Post  johny rambo Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:18 am

thats my opinion
    R
    R

Should I stop wearing gloves? Empty yep.......

Post  R Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:59 am

johny rambo wrote:thats my opinion

I agree with what rambo said.

I bought myself chalk as we play with tires and rope outside on saterdays.
    I only use it in the gym for deadlift,shrugs(115 kg per hand).
    I use to use straps alot,but have phased them out a bit. Gloves wont do much to help nor neglect strenght i would think,as its just protecting ur hands. I dont use them myself...but my girl likes my hands rough.lol
    (im lying,she probably chews the bed because she hates me so much for not wearing gloves. Laughing )

Regards
    tommy21
    tommy21

Post  tommy21 Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:32 pm

Romp3L wrote:
    johny rambo wrote:thats my opinion

I agree with what rambo said.

I bought myself chalk as we play with tires and rope outside on saterdays.
    I only use it in the gym for deadlift,shrugs(115 kg per hand).
    I use to use straps alot,but have phased them out a bit. Gloves wont do much to help nor neglect strenght i would think,as its just protecting ur hands. I dont use them myself...but my girl likes my hands rough.lol
    (im lying,she probably chews the bed because she hates me so much for not wearing gloves. Laughing )

Regards
    pose lol

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:56 pm